Friday, March 14, 2014

Worth, sacrifice & birth.

The Lord has put something on my heart recently that I am struggling through.  .

The scenario goes like this... A friend asks me if I really am prepared to do what it takes to adopt from Ukraine.  What it takes is ... unknown really... but yes, it is going to take a lot.  The list includes:  money, time in country, and forever a life that is changed.  Two more human beings to love and care for ev.er.y.day.  Therapy- probably, heartache- for sure, sleepless nights - already got 'em.  And then there are the sacrifices.  It is pretty certain that a Disney World trip will not be in our future.  Or any vacations that require air travel.  We will always be overloaded on laundry, and it is likely I will never get to step foot out of the kitchen again...

Just kidding-

But when I look into the eyes of 2 boys that I know in my heart are already my sons, all I can think is... immeasurably... M and D:

You Are Worth It

 
There is an attitude in attitude that has become clear to me.   It has been said to me multiple times. "But what about your kids. They need you."  One day J, E, or K may read this.  (it'll be a while...)  But, J, K,& E I have a message for you too:



I have a tradition every night when tucking the littles into bed.  It started with a book we read, and now we have given it a little twist.  Each night I tell the kids what I love them to (and back), and they tell me what they love me to (and back :) )  For example:   I love you to every jellybean in the candy factory and back, or I love you to every caterpillar in the world and back, or I love you to every freckle on your face and back!

I love the children God has given to me, and that will never ever change.  They have been loved from day 1 of their lives.  I am not discontented with the family I have right now. 

However, I am discontented with the fact that 2 precious "sons" of mine are not getting tucked in, & told how much they are loved by their mama tonight.  They are not being loved to the moon and back by any body.  They are missing out on precious time that could be spent in a family. 

They are children. 

They deserve a childhood. 

The whole purpose of  childhood is to enjoy your family and enjoy carefree life.  I desperately want to ransom them and buy back their chance at childhood.
If J, E, or K, were somehow snatched up, and taken to a Ukrainian orphanage and I was told I had to do monstrous amounts of paperwork, wait a painful amount of time, pay seemingly insurmountable amounts of money, and travel across the ocean to pay their ransom, and get my children back, I would do it.  Would you?  Yea.  Because your kids are worth it.  And the amazing thing is... there just may be some kids residing in an orphanage somewhere that are "your kids" in the heart of the Father.  I truly believe the father looked on us, looked on them, and matched us up, chose us to be their family, and them to be our children.  Very similarly to the way natural children and born into families.  Our boys were born into ours.  Just a wee bit bigger. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment